Calcium is a necessary mineral to achieve optimum health. The bones and teeth in your body are largely made of calcium. The bones and teeth represent 99% of the total calcium found in your body, with the other 1% residing in the bloodstream.
If your body cannot achieve its daily requirements, it will begin to sap the calcium from your teeth and bones, making them fragile and weak, and resulting in problems such as arthritis and osteoporosis. A calcium deficiency can also cause palpitations of the heart and hypertension.
In addition to supplying bones and the bloodstream, calcium helps the body to properly heal from wounds and promotes heart function. Also, calcium aids in blood clotting and helps nerves communicate with each other better. In general, this is one of the top minerals your body needs to be successfully healthy.
Simply Nutrients is pleased to provide a robust variety of products for calcium supplementation. Here's to your health.