- Product Reviews
- Manufacturer Info
Metagenics Ultra Flora Balance - 120 Capsules
Metagenics UltraFlora Balance (formerly Ultra Flora Plus® DF Capsules) is one of the most recommended, practitioner-exclusive probiotic formulas in use worldwide. Supplies a powerful probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM® with a non-dairy base in capsule form. This NCFM strain has been the topic of over 60 published scientific articles—including clinical trials for a number of bothersome GI symptoms.* Ultra Flora Balance is guaranteed by Metagenics to provide no fewer than 15 billion combined live organisms per serving through the date of expiration.
UltraFlora Balance helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora and is designed to provide intestinal support on multiple levels.It has daily support for GI and immune health as well as facilitates the digestion of lactose.
Why UltraFlora Probiotics?
- The ID Guarantee: UltraFlora formulas contain genetically identified strains to assure presence of beneficial microorganisms only.benefits. Assuring potency and high viability, each strain is also tested for acid tolerance and cell adherence in vitro.
- Potency Guarantee - For reliable use, UltraFlora labels state potency per dose through date of expiration based on proper storage.
- Formulated with Clinically Studied Strains - UltraFlora probiotics contain strains with research-demonstrated benefits to health.
- Temperature-Controlled Manufacturing, Storage & Delivery - Products are manufactured, stored, and transported under refrigeration to ensure live and healthy probiotics.
- Range of Targeted Applications - UltraFlora offers a line of 12 distinct formulas, including innovative probiotic blends for daily support and targeted relief from occasional discomforts.*
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing Facility - Each of our manufacturing facilities is state of the art with enhanced environmental controls to protect the bacteria from exposure to light, heat, and moisture.
The Ultra Flora Product Guarantee
Probiotics can vary significantly in potency, efficacy, and safety, which can result in inconsistent health benefits. Many products fall short due to various reasons, including not identifying the probiotic strain that is linked to specific health benefits. Additionally, some products have also been found to contain specific contaminants (gluten, mold, yeast, and potentially harmful bacteria), which can cause negative reactions and deleterious health effects in susceptible individuals. Through extensive and rigorous quality control testing, UltraFlora guarantees the highest quality of purity (free of contaminants), potency, and scientifically formulated probiotic formulas that contain genetically identified strains with established health benefits for clinically reliable outcomes* .
Ensuring Purity, Reliability and Quality
- Certificate of Analysis required from all suppliers
- Testing for contaminants, purity, and genetic strain ID upon receipt of raw materials
- Testing for total viable count using scientifically validated methodology
- Strains have been shown to resist acid, bile and pancreatin digestion allowing survival through the digestive tract for colonization
- To help maintain probiotic viability through expiration, water exposure is limited:
- Testing for low water activity during manufacture
- Controlled humidity and temperature during production, packaging & storage to limit exposure to water in air
- Testing for stability under storage conditions, including refrigeration, ambient, and high heat temperatures
- Guaranteed potency/CFUs (Colony Forming Units) through date of expiration:
- Manufactured, stored, and transported under refrigeration to ensure live and healthy probiotics
Additional Testing for Possible Contaminants
- Total Yeast and Mold Count
- Staph (Staphylococcus aureus)
- Salmonella species
- E. coli (Escherichia coli)
- Other bile-tolerant harmful bacteria (including Yersinia, Klebsiella and Shigella)
Gluten Free Guaranteed
All UltraFlora products are gluten free. To ensure that they fully comply with FDA standards, each product goes through a strict process, including:
- Testing every new product upon the start of production
- Strict controls to avoid cross-contamination
- Rotational testing protocol including ongoing ELISA quantitative immunoassay testing on all products
Good Manufacturing Practices Certified
Our manufacturing facility meets and exceeds the highest quality standards as demonstrated by our Triple GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification. GMP covers all aspects of production from the starting materials, premises, and equipment, to the training and personal hygiene of staff. It also requires documented proof that correct procedures are consistently followed at each step in the manufacturing process when producing our product. When you see the Metagenics logo, you can be assured that you’re receiving exceptional quality and safety.
Each of our manufacturing facilities is state-of-the-art with enhanced environmental controls to protect the bacteria from exposure to light, heat, and moisture
As UPS does not deliver on the weekend, some probiotic orders may be held until Monday for shipping so that orders don't get stuck in a UPS warehouse for the weekend during times where certain parts of the country experience extreme heat. We are committed to ensuring you receive your probiotics without the probiotic being compromised by excessive heat. Thank you for your understanding.
Probiotics requiring refrigeration will be shipped with ice packs as a standard from early May to early October. During other months of year, due to mild weather, ice packs are not required. Probiotics need to reach an internal temperature of 122 degrees for over 48 hours before they are compromised.
If you would like your items to be shipped with ice packs from the months of November to April, please indicate that on your order form. Ice packs, on request, are $2.50 per order and we will charge your credit card on file when the order ships.
Label & Supplement Facts
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Serving Size||1 Capsule†|
|Servings Per Container||120|
|A 50:50 Blend of:||15 billion CFU††||*|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM†††|
|Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07†††|
Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose),Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM, magnesium stearate (vegetable), Bifidobacterium lactisBi-07, and silica.
Directions: Take one capsule one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
This product is non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
Notice: Stability studies indicate that all probiotics should be shipped under temperature control to maintain potency (CFU). For best results, store in a cool dry place or keep refrigerated.
*Daily Value not established.
††At date of expiration.
†††NCFM® and Bi-07® are registered trademarks licensed by DuPont.
For more than 25 years, we've strived to help people improve their health and reverse chronic illness via quality products and services and leading edge nutritional science. And by any indication, we've been successful in achieving our goals. But none of it would be possible without an unwavering dedication and commitment to the following core values, which form the cornerstone of everything we do. Together, these values guide our decision making and behavior as a company and as individuals, shaping the way we do business and treat our customers.