- Product Reviews
- Manufacturer Info
Metagenics Glutagenics features Glutamine (an amino acid), licorice (processed to negate any adverse licorice effects) and aloe vera (with the laxative properties removed) combine to effectively support the integrity and healthy function of the gastrointestinal lining for healthy digestion, immunity and overall wellness. 9.16 oz. The three key ingredients found in Glutagenics are glutamine, deglycyrrhizinized licorice (DGL), and aloe vera. These ingredients comprehensively support the integrity and healthy function of the gastrointestinal lining.
Glutamine is an important amino acid. L-glutamine is the form found in foods, supplements and the human body. Glutamine is found usually where protein is found in foods for example here are the following approximate quatities of glutamine in popular foods:
- Eggs: 4.4% (0.6 g per 100 g of eggs)
- Beef: 4.8% (1.2 g per 100 g of beef)
- Skim milk: 8.1% (0.3 g per 100 g of milk)
- Tofu: 9.1% (0.6 g per 100 g of tofu)
- White rice: 11.1% (0.3 g per 100 g of rice)
- Corn: 16.2% (0.4 g per 100 g of corn)
It is part of the proteins in your body and involved in immune function and intestinal health.As your intestines are a major part of your immune system glutamine is an energy source for your intestinal and immune cells. It also helps maintain the barrier between the intestines and the rest of your body and aids with proper growth of intestinal cells. Glutamine plays an important role in immune function. However, during illness or injury, the body may not be able to produce enough of it. Glutamine supplements may help improve immune function and preserve protein stores in the body.
• Supports a healthy intestinal lining, which is essential for healthy digestion, healthy immune function and overall health.
• Supplies high levels of the amino acid glutamine, which provides both a source of fuel and precursors for growth to the rapidly dividing cells of the intestinal lining.
• Provides a concentrated licorice extract that has been processed to remove glycyrrhizin, reducing the risk of adverse effects associated with licorice.
• The processing and removal of the bitter principles in aloe prevent a laxative effect.
• Powdered form for ease of use and flexible dosing.
• Features natural flavors for improved taste.
One teaspoon (4.33 grams) supplies:
L-Glutamine: 3500 mg
Deglycyrrhizinized Licorice Root 10:1 Extract: 500* mg
Aloe Leaf Extract† (Aloe barbadensis): 50* mg
† Proprietary extraction process removes laxative bitter principles, confirmed by thin layer chromatography (TLC). Equivalent to 10 g of aloe leaf gel.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Mix one teaspoon with water three times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
For more than 25 years, we've strived to help people improve their health and reverse chronic illness via quality products and services and leading edge nutritional science. And by any indication, we've been successful in achieving our goals. But none of it would be possible without an unwavering dedication and commitment to the following core values, which form the cornerstone of everything we do. Together, these values guide our decision making and behavior as a company and as individuals, shaping the way we do business and treat our customers.